Recieve one $50 voucher!
Seven Physical Benefits of Floating!
While there is a massive impact on mental health that comes from flotation therapy, many initially test it out for it's physical benefits. If you're an athlete, you train rigorously for your job, you suffer from chronic pain, or you just turned your ankle stepping off the curb, you may want to read on!
1. Accelerated Healing: Healing injuries takes time and often takes us away from the things we love for longer than we'd like. Floating speeds up the process of muscle and injury recovery due to a few reasons. Partly, it's because of the high level of magnesium sulfate in the tank. It's a completely weightless environment which allows your body the full rest necessary to heal. Additionally, the Pod promotes lowered stress levels and healthy blood circulation. Floating after an injury, heavy training session, marathon, triathlon, or strenuous work activity will get you back in action faster!
2. Pain Relief from Arthritis and Other Chronic Pain Conditions: Reclining into over 1000 pounds of Epsom Salt, lowered stress hormones, and a boost of endorphins works wonders for sweet relief from chronic pain. Floaters that suffer from these conditions often report benefits after just one float for hours, days, or weeks, but explain that the benefits are longer lasting with consistent sessions. Gravity is hard on our joints and muscles and allowing your body to rest in a fully weightless environment is heaven.
3. Relief from Fatigue: By now, you'll start to see the trend that fully resting your body in a stress-free, weightless environment can aid in recovery from so many struggles. We're all "on" for much more time than we used to be - whether we're online or on the job. Burnout is absolutely possible. Flotation lowers stress levels, cortisol, ACTH, and lactic acid. It also increases the natural production of dopamine (the happy hormone) and other endorphins, allowing both your brain and your body to reset their natural energy. It doesn't hurt that an hour of sleep in the Pod is equivalent to about 4 in your bed.
4. Lower Blood Pressure and Heart Rate: Floating improves cardiovascular efficiency and the reduction of stress hormones and gravity allow your body to experience a fully restful state.
5. Improve Magnesium Deficiency: Depleted magnesium resources in your body can be the cause of so many symptoms: poor heart health, weakness, muscle cramps, tremors, nausea, high blood pressure, Type II Diabetes, dizziness, poor memory, fatigue, and confusion - just to name a few. Soaking for an hour in an environment that's incredible rich in magnesium sulfate can help relieve these symptoms and balance your system. Magnesium is absorbed through the skin - giving your body the boost in resources that it's lacking.
6. Improve Digestive Function: Oh, the things reducing stress and lots of magnesium can do for your body! 7. Great for Hair, Skin, and Nails! "Post Float Glow" is very real. Magnesium sulfate isn't at all drying and can reduce the appearance of cellulite and increase the natural luster of your hair and skin.
7. Great for Hair, Skin, and Nails! "Post Float Glow" is very real. Magnesium sulfate isn't at all drying and can reduce the appearance of cellulite and increase the natural luster of your hair and skin.
Frequently Asked Questions...
What if I'm claustrophobic? The Pod is massive! About 9 1/2 feet long by 5 feet wide and about 5 feet tall and shaped like a giant egg. Unlike older tanks, our Pods are white on the inside and lit should you prefer to leave the lights on. You'll also have full control of the giant, clamshell door. Feel free to leave it cracked or open as you get used to the space, though once you lie back and close your eyes, relaxation will fully take over!
I can't float. Is this therapy for me? We promise that, with a half ton of Epsom Salt in shallow water, you'll have a hard time not floating! No effort or work on your part is necessary to stay afloat. So - yes - it's absolutely for you!
Can I float while pregnant? We will require a release from your primary care doctor before you will be allowed to float. Pregnant clients may experience some of the greatest relief from floating—physically and mentally. The added weight and pressure on the mother’s body is likely to cause pain and discomfort, the weightless impact of floating can provide much relief! Many clients report a unique and memorable experience floating while pregnant.
Is the water clean? Epsom salt is a natural antimicrobial and, due to the high salt content in our Pods, bacteria simply can't live in the water. That said, we also have two filtration systems that cycle all of the water in the Pod 4 to 5 times between users, a bromine system, AND an ozone/UV sanitation system. It's likely the cleanest water you'll ever be in!
Must I stay in the entire time? The room is reserved for your exclusive use during your float session. You may exit anytime, however, please note that credits or refunds will not be given for unused time.
Will my skin wrinkle after spending so much time in the water? Surprisingly - no! The high level of Epsom Salts prevent the skin from wrinkling. It will, however, leave your skin silky smooth!
Will the salt water wreck my hair? The salt water will not harm your hair, but we do not recommend floating if you have dyed your hair, or have had it chemically treated in the past 7 days.
What if I fall asleep? Will I drown? Each Pod contains only 10 inches of incredibly salt-dense water, therefore, it is not required that the user know how to swim. As for drifting off to sleep, we highly encourage it! 1 hour of sleep in the Pod is equivalent to about 4 in your bed due to flotation encouraging your brain waves into theta state. If you happen to roll over in the Pod (trust us, it's hard to do), the discomfort from the salt water in your eyes will quickly wake you (don't worry, there's a fresh water spray bottle in the Pod for a quick rinse).
How much can I Float? You can float as often as you like. There are no adverse effects, aside from being too relaxed. There is no limitations on doing "nothing".
What if I have a cut or scrape? On any open cuts or scrapes, apply our supplied Vaseline before entering the float pod to prevent irritation from the salt.
Do I wear a bathing suit? We recommend floating nude so as to decrease sensory stimulus, but you may float in a swim suit if you'd prefer.